Sweet+Spicy Grilled Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Grilled desserts have to be one of my FAVORITE things ever! These DELICIOUS cupcakes will have you definitely stealing more than one! The habanero adds a TASTY KICK to this sweet treat! An EASY, SUMMERY dessert that is quite the CROWD PLEASER! 🧁
- 1 pineapple, sliced into rings (you’ll need one ring for each cupcake – a canned pineapple ring would also work)
- Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil (in a Misto)
- Urban Accents Sweet Habanero Fruit Griller Seasoning packet
- Tillen Farms Fire & Spiced Maraschino Cherries
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients to follow the recipe – typically oil (we use Chiquitita for this as well) and eggs)
- Honey Meadows Honey
Heat grill and spray the grates with Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Generously sprinkle each pineapple slice with Urban Accents Sweet Habanero Fruit Griller seasoning blend on both sides. Grill over medium heat about 3-4 minutes per side (or until nice grill marks form). Remove from grill and set aside.
Heat oven to 350°. Spray a jumbo muffin tin with the Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil and place a pineapple ring in the bottom of each cup (trim pineapple to fit if necessary). Add a Tillen Farms Fire & Spiced Maraschino Cherry in the middle of each ring.
Prepare yellow cake batter using package instructions. Pour cake batter into muffin cups 1/2 – 2/3 full. Bake according to package instructions (cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean).
Let cupcakes cool completely. Place a sheet pan over the muffin tin and flip to release cupcakes. Top with warm Honey Meadows honey for a sweet glaze.
*Makes 12 cupcakes