Red Pepper Alfredo Pasta
I’ve had a busy couple of weekends in a row and this week I was really feeling LAZY! I came up with this SUPER EASY and DELICIOUS recipe based on ingredients I already had at home! Don’t have Andouille sausage on hand (maybe leftovers from last weeks recipe)? This would also work GREAT with some Italian Sausage or even a brat! P.S. This dish paired AMAZING with our Soberdough Cheesy Garlic Brew Bread! YUM! 🌶🍝
- 12 ounces of pasta (I used wide egg noodles), cooked to al dente (reserve 1/3 cup cooking liquid)
- 1 Andouille (or any kind of smoked sausage would work – even a brat!)
- 1/4 cup Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Infusion Blends Amazing Rosemary butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Himalayan Sea Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Slice sausage into 1/4-inch slices. Heat Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet and cook sausage until browned (make sure to flip the slices so they brown on both sides). Remove from pan and set aside.
Add Infushion Blends Amazing Rosemary butter, garlic and onion to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
Add flour and stir to coat onions well, cook for 1 minute (until the flour browns a bit).
Whisk in chicken broth and half & half. Simmer until sauce bubbles and thickens.
Add Parmesan cheese, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Stir well. Season to taste with Himalayan Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add a little of the water the pasta was cooked in (I added about 1/4-1/3 cup).
Add pasta and stir again.