Tuscan Corn Chowder
- 3 Tbsp Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Honey Meadows raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Hepp’s Himalayan sea salt
- 5 strips Nueske’s bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ears fresh sweet yellow corn, shucked and kernels cut from cob (or 4 cans sweet corn, drained)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
In a large stock pot, heat 3 Tbsp Tuscan Herb Olive Oil on medium-high heat. Add onions and potatoes, sauté until potatoes are tender and onions are almost translucent. Add garlic and corn, sauté a couple minutes longer. Add corn starch and stir until all veggies are coated, sauté and continue stirring until the corn starch fries a little bit.
Add honey, half & half, heavy cream, bay leaf, freshly ground black pepper, Hepp’s Himalayan sea salt and Italian seasoning. Bring to a light boil. Add chicken broth and allow to thicken. Reduce heat to low. Stir frequently (to prevent burning).
When ready to serve, top with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and fresh parsley.