Sweet Strawberry & Greens Salad
This DELICIOUS salad is another PERFECT recipe for your summer harvests! As BEAUTIFUL as it is YUMMY, it is a great crowd pleaser as a dish to pass OR add some grilled chicken to make it a QUICK and EASY weeknight meal! This is the GORGEOUS salad we featured on Fox11 last Saturday!
- 2 cups of kale, ribs removed, chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Maple Candied Pecans:
- 1 cup pecans, whole
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Urban Accents Vermont Grill Dryglaze
For the Maple Candied Pecans: Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread pecans on top. In a small bowl, mix butter and dry glaze. Pour over pecans and toss to coat well. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. Set aside to cool.
For the salad: Toss kale and greens in a large serving bowl. Top with candied pecans, goat cheese, strawberries and blueberries. Drizzle with Strawberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar and Basil EVOO.