Chipotle Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- 3 lb beef rump roast
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cloves, ground
- 1 tsp Hepp’s Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Serrano Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tsp cumin, ground
- 3/4 cup Stubborn Brothers Dark Lager
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- pickled red cabbage, for garnish
- pickled red onions, for garnish
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Avocado Lime Crema, for garnish (this is a FAVORITE of mine for any kind of taco)
Heat Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet over high heat. Season the beef with Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sear on all sides, making sure it gets a nice brown. Place beef in slow cooker.
To make the sauce, place the 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, 3/4 cup Stubborn Brothers Dark Lager, 1/2 cup Serrano Honey Balsamic Vinegar, 4 tbsp lime juice, 6 garlic cloves, 4 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp ground cloves in a blender (or food processor). Blend until smooth. Pour sauce over the roast in the slow cooker. Add the bay leaves. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove roast from slow cooker, shred with two forks. Place back into the slow cooker and stir so the shredded beef and sauce are well combined. Place two spoonfuls of shredded beef into a tortilla, top with pickled cabbage, pickled onions, fresh cilantro and Avocado Lime Crema.