Caprese Pasta Salad
This is the DELICIOUS pasta salad we served at the Taste of Shawano Monday evening! SO MANY of you asked for the recipe so I thought I would feature it this week. Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than this salad! QUICK, EASY & DELICIOUS! Did I mention it goes EXCELLENT with burgers on the grill?!
- 1 16 ounce box of Small Shells pasta
- 2 pints of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 8 ounce packages of Mozzarella Pearls
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Basil is also REALLY GOOD)
- 1/2 cup 18-year Aged Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
Cook pasta to al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
Combine pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella and olive oil in a large bowl. Using a kitchen or herb scissors, cut the basil in half length wise and then in small strips over the pasta mixture. Mix or toss well. Add the balsamic vinegar, mix again.
Refrigerate 1 hour and serve chilled.
*Add more protein to this dish by adding chopped pepperoni or salami!