Here’s an EASY, DELICIOUS recipe Abby adapted from a Delish recipe she found online! The PERFECT accompaniment to zucchini noodles! I had most of these ingredients on hand to avoid having to go to the grocery store right now. WIN! Even my kids LOVED these meatballs & sauce! 🍝
- For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan (plus a little more for serving)
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley (I did not have this on hand, so I used 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the sauce:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Himalayan Sea Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl combine beef, garlic, mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, egg, Himalayan Sea Salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Form into 16 meatballs.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides (about 10 minutes). Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
To the same skillet, add onion and cook until soft (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about an additional minute). Add tomatoes and oregano and season with Himalayan Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add meatballs back to skillet, cover and simmer until sauce has thickened (about 15 minutes). Garnish with shredded Parmesan before serving.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: https://www.delish.com/…/r…/a25238990/keto-meatballs-recipe/