Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
The other night we had a MAJOR CRAVING for Jdogg’s chicago-style hot dogs. Since it will still be a couple months before we can enjoy those (currently counting down the days), I whipped up this EASY + DELICIOUS version made with a Jalapeno Pickle Relish for a little TWIST! This YUMMY recipe will DEFINITELY have you ready for WARM WEATHER!
- Hawaiian Sweet hot dog buns, package of 8
- Nathan’s Beef Franks, package of 8 (heated)
- 1 roma tomato, sliced thin
- Stonewall Kitchen Caramelized Onion Mustard
- Claussen Dill Pickle Spears, 8
- Marconi Sport Peppers, 16
- Celery Salt
- For the Jalapeno Pickle Relish:
- 2 cups finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3/4 + 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (dissolved in 1 teaspoon water)
For the pickle relish, toss cucumber and onion with 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt in a fine strainer set over a bowl, drain 3 hours. Discard liquid and wrap cucumber and onion in a kitchen towel (not terry cloth), squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Bring Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a small saucepan, stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup (3-4 minutes). Add cucumber+onion mixture and simmer, stirring for about 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture, then stir into relish. Continue to simmer and stir for about 1 minute. Transfer relish to a bowl and chill, uncovered, until cold (about 1 1/2 hours).
Assembly: place 1 hot dog in a Hawaiian Sweet hot dog bun. Top with Stonewall Kitchen Caramelized Onion Mustard. Place two thinly sliced tomatoes on one side of the hot dog. On the other side of the hot dog, place a pickle spear. Down the center of the hot dog, spoon a generous amount of Jalapeno Pickle Relish. On top of the relish, place two sport peppers. Finish with a sprinkle of celery salt.
*Makes 8 hot dogs