Mandarin Orange Salad
A LIGHT and REFRESHING summer salad! Filled with fruit, nuts and all things FRESH! The PERFECT side!
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey Ginger Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp Savannah Bee Orange Blossom Honey
- 1 Tbsp Orange juice
- 1/2 tsp Jacobson’s Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Jacobson’s freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 8 cups spring mix
- 2 mandarin oranges, pealed and separated (or 1 15oz can, drained)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To toast the almonds, spread out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle LIGHTLY with Blood Orange Olive Oil and a little Himalayan Sea Salt. Bake for about 8 minutes (or until golden brown), stirring half way. Remove from oven and set aside.
To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, orange juice, Himalayan Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper in a glass measuring cup. Transfer to a glass mason jar and with the lid on, shake well. *Note: I love using a small mouth mason jar because our mason jar pour spouts for our moonshine work SO WELL to pour salad dressing!
In a large salad bowl, add the spring mix, mandarin oranges, blueberries, toasted slivered almonds, cranberries, red onions and shaved parmesan cheese. Pour the dressing over the top and toss well to distribute.