Curried Pumpkin Soup
Looking for another way to use all that canned pumpkin?! Look no futher than my DELICIOUS curried pumpkin soup recipe! Seriously, this is a CROWD FAVORITE of mine!
- 1/2 pound fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 3/4 cup Honey Meadows raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Fresh chives, chopped (for finishing)
In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onions in Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil until tender. Stir in flour and curry powder until blended. Gradually add the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Add the pumpkin, half & half, honey, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through. Garnish with chives and serve.
*Makes about 6 servings
*Recipe adapted from Taste of Home