Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
Here is a QUICK, EASY & DELICIOUS weeknight meal recipe that is SO GOOD on a hoagie roll or just by itself for a PERFECT LOW CARB option! A HEALTHY, light meal to kick off your new year resolutions! 🥘
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Urban Accents Heartland Pepper & Garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced baby bella mushrooms
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic, for finishing
Slice chicken breasts into very thin pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add worcestershire sauce and Urban Accents Heartland Pepper & Garlic seasoning blend, stir to coat chicken.
Heat 1/4 cup Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until browned (about 5 minutes). Turn pieces over and cook about 2-3 minutes more (or until brown). Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add remaining 1/4 cup Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to warm skillet. Add onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. Saute until heated and tender (about 2-3 minutes).
Turn heat off and add chicken back to skillet and stir with veggies to combine. Place sliced cheese over all and cover the pan with a lid to allow the cheese to melt (about 2-3 minutes). Finish with a drizzle of Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic!