Mushroom & Sage Stuffing
A customer gave me this DELICIOUS recipe last year and I’ve been dying to share it with you all! Seriously, you are going to LOVE this YUMMY variation on stuffing! Our Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil really shines in this recipe. My favorite EVOO + my favorite Thanksgiving side = MY DREAM COME TRUE!
- 1 12 oz box or bag of seasoned croutons for stuffing (I like the Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth (or turkey broth)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon of Wild Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil, separated
- 1 teasoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hepp’s Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large saucepan, heat 1/3 cup Wild Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat. Add onion, celery and mushrooms and saute until tender. Season with Hepp’s Himalayan Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat.
Add broth, stuffing and parsley to the saucepan and mix well (be careful while mixing the stuffing so it doesn’t get too mushy).
Coat casserole pan with the 1 tablespoon Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil. Spoon stuffing into the pan and spread out evenly.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and return to oven for an additional 5-10 minutes to get that nice, crunchy top!