Truffle Mac & Cheese
Okay, so I know its the new year and I’m all about starting it off on a healthy foot…but you can start that tomorrow after you’ve had this DECADENT & DELICIOUS recipe! 🤣Seriously, if you love truffle, you will LOVE this SUPER EASY mac & cheese!🥘🧀
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp White Truffle Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Himalayan Sea Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
- 1 16oz bag sea shell pasta
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz shredded gouda cheese
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
In a medium dutch oven, bring 2 quarts salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions to AL DENTE. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and set aside.
In a large dutch oven, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add flour to form a roux. SLOWLY add milk and whisk vigorously. Add nutmeg, paprika, Himalayan Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste. Add mascarpone cheese, stir until melted. Add parmesan cheese, stir until melted. Add shredded gouda and sharp cheddar cheeses, stir until melted. Add truffle oil (DO NOT ADD MORE THAN 2 tablespoons – it is VERY POTENT).
Once the cheese sauce is made, add the pasta and stir until mixed well. Top with toasted panko bread crumbs.