Loaded Philly Sandwich
This was dinner the other night…and it was DELICIOUS! We had leftover steak from the night before and I was just craving an O’Charley’s sub….with EVERYTHING ON IT! Paired with my FAVORITE Stonewall Kitchen Horseradish Aioli, it really hit the spot!
- 1 new york strip steak, cooked and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 8 slices of sandwich pickles
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 tbsp Stonewall Kitchen Horseradish Aioli
- 2 ciabatta buns
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium pan, heat Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat. Saute onions, mushrooms and green peppers until cooked but still a little firm. Place provolone slices on top and allow to melt.
Slice the ciabatta buns in half and toast in oven for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a plate. To assemble, place steak down first followed by sauteed veggies and cheese mixture. Top with lettuce, pickles and tomatoes. Spread aioli on the bottom of each top bun.