Jerk Salmon Burgers
This is a FUN and NEW twist on burgers? for your Memorial Day cookout! Seriously these salmon burgers are SO EASY and ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Pair with our Joia Spirits Sparkling Greyhounds? and you have a MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!
- 1-2 pound salmon filet (skin removed)
- 3-5 tbsp. Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk Burger Starter
- 1 cup panko style bread crumbs (divided into two half cups)
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 pretzel buns
- 3 pineapple rings
- 2-3 cup broccoli slaw mix (or your favorite slaw mix)
- 2-3 tbsp. Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Sea Salt, to taste
- Stonewall Kitchen Siracha Aioli
Light the grill and allow to heat up.
Dice salmon into tiny pieces. Gently combine salmon, 1/2 cup panko, and Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk Burger Starter in a large bowl. Form three patties, making sure to keep the sides solid and not cracked. Place remaining panko on a plate with both black and white sesame seeds. Roll patties in panko and seeds to coat the entire surface.
Double layer aluminum foil with edges turned up so the oil does not drip off on the grill. Place foil on the grill and heat Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the patties and cook until crispy brown on both sides – approximately 2-4 minutes per side. Remove patties from grill and let cool slightly.
Toss slaw mix, Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar, freshly cracked pepper and Himalayan Sea Salt together, set aside.
Lightly brush pineapple rings with Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side – just long enough to make distinct grill marks, set aside.
Lightly toast buns and assemble burgers (bottom bun, patty, pineapple ring, slaw, dollop of aioli & top bun).
*Makes 3 burgers!