Campfire Caprese Brie
So I saw this DELICIOUS, DECADENT looking video floating around facebook the other week and I was basically DROOLING just watching it. SO EASY, FUN and YUMMY! PERFECT appetizer to serve guests over the campfire!
- 1.5 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Garlic or Basil EVOO is also delicious)
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 large wheel brie
- Denissimo Fine Aged Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil, for garnish
- 1 baguette, sliced, for serving
In a large bowl, combine cherry tomatoes and garlic, then toss with Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season to taste with Himalayan Sea Salt, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Place brie in a cast iron skillet then top with tomato mixture. Place over campfire (or on a hot grill), and cook until brie is melted, about 20 minutes. (Just because the brie isn’t oozing, doesn’t mean it’s not hot and ready. To test, poke sides of the wheel with a knife to see if cheese is melty inside.)
Drizzle with Denissimo Fine Aged Balsamic Vinegar and garnish with basil. Serve warm with baguette slices.