Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (8 ounces or 5 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Cherry Berry Jam
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Sweet Timber Mayple Syrup
- 1 cup milk
- Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil, in your Misto
- Very Berry Syrup:
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Cherry Berry Jam
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Dash of Pepper Creek Farms Vietnamese cinnamon
Spray a deep-dish pie pan with Butter Olive Oil in your Misto.
Place half of the French bread cubes in the bottom of the prepared pie dish. Equally distribute the cream cheese cubes, fresh blueberries, and Stonewall Kitchen Cherry Berry Jam over the top of the bread cubes. Top with remaining bread cubes.
In a medium size bowl combine the eggs, syrup and milk. Whisk until uniform. Pour over bread mixture.
Place in refrigerator several hours or preferably overnight.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake approximately 15-30 minutes more, or until the casserole is set and the top is golden.
While the casserole bakes, combine the syrup ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over low heat on the stovetop. Drizzle over each serving.